Sunday, June 3, 2012

Disappointed again at Bourbon Street Grille

Bourbon Street Grille

What a gold-mine...if its all about location, location, location - this should be the best place in Monona.

It's hard to know where to start.  I want this to be a great place to go and hang-out, eat, and meet people to show them Monona, but I have been disappointed every time I go (each time I swear I will not go back...but I give it some time and say "well maybe it's better now").

I will start with what I find odd.  When you order a drink (mixed drink or tap beer) it is electronically monitored (big brother watching over me, well not me, I am sure it's to prevent "free" drinks from the bartenders).  If a place can't trust their employees, should I trust them?

Sound-on a typical night (at or before happy hour) one would expect that they could sit at the bar and have a conversation with someone at a reasonable level...This has not been my experience - sometimes the music has been so loud there was no way to have a conversation (and that was when the bar was less than 10% full).

Food - Now I do need to disclose, I have not had everything on the menu (not even close, I'm usually disappointed and leave before eating).  I can comment on my last visit only - Pizza.  Nothing special, but not bad.  It did seem like I was getting a frozen pizza with some extra toppings to order (the tip off was it is served on cardboard).  The looks of some of the other items (nachos) were appealing but I can not comment as I did not eat any.

Service in general - Not only was the service slow...When waiting to order a drink I had someone say "she can help you" while he proceeded to do something else (not customer related - crunching numbers or something)...not very helpful to the bar-staff or customer friendly.

I do wish this place well...they have such an opportunity to be a GOLD MINE but it seems that everything is at or below average causing me and others to go elsewhere.  Feel free to share your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment